10 January 2006

A Song of Ice and Fire

I should preface this by saying that I know it took more than a week after opening it...but it had to last a little while...after all, who knows when A Dance with Dragons will come out, but...

I just finished A Feast for Crows over the weekend, and all I can say is...OH MY GOD! While I must admit that I was a little disappointed at the length, or brevity rather, I understand the reasons they shortened it...and while I won't be so cruel as to put spoilers here, you have GOT to read the latest installment. Of course if you haven't read the others, read them first...but Mr. Martin certainly still has the chops for the work (as if I had any doubt).

Nietzsche said that goodness ascends as high the depths to which evil descends...and in this book, like Martin's others, there are some truly broad characters.

No comments: