19 December 2005

Hell

We buried my sister last week.

That seems such a simple statement...much too simple to describe the hell and misery that it ultimately conveys. She was so loved and will be sorely missed. I can't even imagine what life will be like now without her being there...just a telephone call away, ready to ask why I can't find a barber in Arizona or laughing about whether or not we've cooked enough spuds for the latest family meal.

I'm sure that I'll blog more...but right now it's all too raw. My nephews don't blog, but if you're interested in what my wonderful niece had to say you can check out her entry for December 8th (the day she found out my sister had died) at http://www.xanga.com/pixiechick007/ -- she loved her aunt and will have a tough time of it in the coming days. It probably won't really be any tougher (or easier) than the rest of us...but it'll be tough enough.

Part of my misery is that I can't help thinking that it just seems more acceptable for a wee girl (like my niece) to cry. I'm sure that has more than a little to do with how I was raised...but now I'm left with all this !)@(# inside. Anyway, tonight's game night, so I think I'll go smash something...or maybe kill a dragon or two.

No comments: